Terms & conditions
Interpretation and Variation
1.1 In the Terms and Conditions the following definitions apply:
TYC means The Yoga Collective
“Member means any person that has completed and submitted any online registration on the Website www.the-yoga-collective.com or in person at the studio in which registration has been accepted by TYC
“Studio” means The Yoga Collective , 3 Quonians Lane , Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 7LA
The Company reserves the right to vary and revoke the Terms and Conditions from time to time with variation it may consider necessary or desirable for the regulation of the affairs of the Studio and the conduct of Members. Any such changes will be notified to Members and, until revoked, are and will be binding on Members.
- Pre-booked classes must be paid for in advance. This can be done via the website through Mindbody online.
- Classes will automatically be deducted from your class pass/ membership or you can purchase individual classes with any debit or credit card (excluding AMEX) via our booking page.
- Early cancellations: class bookings can be cancelled up to 12 hours in advance only online. If you paid by class pass, your class will be credited back to your account.
- Late cancellations: Any cancellations made after this time will not be credited back to your class or refunded. TYC reserve the right to use discretion on this subject.
- We require that you sign into class a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the class start time. If you have not signed in by this time your space will be opened up to allow others to practise and this will be treated as a late cancelation and your class will not be credited or refunded. TYC reserve the right to use discretion on this subject.
- We suggest you arrive at least 15 minutes before class is due to start to sign in and settle in to the class. If you arrive late for class TYC reserve the right to refuse entry .
- If you are on an unlimited contract and you late cancel or no-show 3 times over a month period, the option to book online will be suspended for a month.
- If you are on a monthly contract and you wish to cancel your membership, we ask for 1 months notice.
- Classes are booked on a “first come basis” once the class is full it will show on the booking page. TYC will endeavour to add additional classes to the schedule should the need arise.
Studio Opening Times
- Details of session times at the Studio may vary from time to time. Session times will be published by TYC and will be available at the Studio and at www.the- yoga-collective
- Class types, descriptions and names may also change from time to time and will be published by TYC and will be available at the studio or on TYC website the-yoga-collective.com
- Details of session prices and gift certificate prices are available either at the-yoga-collective.com or directly from the Studio and will be such prices, as determined by TYC from time to time.
- A Member may not attend any session at the Studio without first booking and or paying for the relevant session.
- Payments for sessions, passes, workshops, programs and gift certificates in any amount are non-refundable and non-exchangeable unless otherwise stated in the Terms and Conditions. If a package is bought and only part used there will be no refund available for the remaining sessions.
- TYC reserves the right to cap certain memberships once they have reached capacity.
- TYC reserves the right to change membership prices at any time. This information will always be given in advance on the-yoga-collective.com and at the studio.
- Any products purchased at TYC are non-refundable and non-exchangeable unless otherwise stated in the Terms and conditions or at the discretion of TYC.
- Payments made online are non-refundable. Refunds may only be authorised when classes you are booked on are cancelled by TYC. TYC reserve the right to use discretion on this subject.
- As we now take paypal transactions for all of our retreats. We are working towards getting " secure site status "
Fitness and Health
- All members participating in classes at TYC are permitted to complete a health readiness questionnaire before taking part in any class. This information will be treated confidentially by TYC .
- Members are advised not to undertake strenuous physical activities without first seeking medical advice if they have concerns over their physical condition. The Studio reserves the right to refuse access to any Member if, in its absolute discretion, it considers that the health of the individual concerned may be endangered by the use of such facilities.
- Members with low/high blood pressure and/or cardiac irregularities should not attend class, until they have written permission from their Doctor. If there is any doubt, the Member should consult their doctor. Members must notify the Studio of any circumstances affecting their health which may be exacerbated through use of the Studio.
- Members are required to follow the instructions of the instructor at all times.
- Members are not permitted to practise with TYC if under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Limitation of Liability
- It is the Member’s responsibility to ensure that he/she is capable of undergoing a routine of exercises provided by any programme which he follows or class which he attends. Members accept the risk of injury from performing exercises and are advised to consult their doctor prior to beginning any session if they are in any doubt.
- TYC accepts no liability for loss or damage to property of Members or for injury to Members on the Studio premises or outside the Studio except insofar as such loss, damage or injury is by law incapable of exclusion.
- Personal belongings are brought onto the Studio premises at the Member’s own risk and the Company does not accept liability for any loss or damage whatsoever to such items.
- Members are requested to wear a form of dress appropriate to the practice of yoga and hot yoga. It is recommended that members wear light, loose clothing, breathable fabrics that suit the heat.
- Members should attend sessions barefoot. Footwear should be removed in the entrance area before entry to the studio.
- Members should use a yoga mat to practice in the studio. Mats are provided at the studio free of charge and all members must ensure a towel is used on top of the studio mats.
Safety and Hygiene
- In the interests of safety and hygiene, no crockery, glass or food are permitted in the studio.
- Members must not walk around the Studio barefoot if they have verrucas or similar foot contagion.
- Smoking is forbidden inside or outside the studio
- Members are required to give notice to the TYC of any change of home address or email address or contact phone number. Failing such notice, all communications will be assumed to have been received by the Member within five days of email sent or mailing to the last address (of either type) notified to TYC.
- TYC reserves the right to refuse admission to the Studio.
- TYC, if a Member so wishes, communicate with the Member by electronic mail (“email”). By providing an email address to the TYC the Member consents to receiving email communications from the Company, including notices pursuant to the Terms and Conditions. The Member also accepts the risk that email may not be a secure and confidential means of communication. The TYC will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of communicating with a Member by email.
- Members must at all times observe the Studio Etiquette which may be notified to them from time to time and are requested to comply with any reasonable directions which the management of the Studio may issue to ensure the smooth operation of the Studio for the convenience of all Members.
- Any marketing, educational or other materials of this nature whatsoever produced by TYC which are made available to Members at the Studio or at the-yoga-collective.com will at all times remain the property of TYC and will be subject to TYC copyright.